Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Ache!



I am in the middle of my 16th week and all I can say is that I ache! Last night I kept switching sides and never got comfortable. My hips hurt so bad and at this point they recommend you sleep on your side. I always thought I was a side sleeper, but apparently not because all I want to do is sleep on my back and give my aching hips a break! It also didn't help that Boston wanted to position himself right in between Scott and I and every time I tried to change sides he made no attempt to move. I think we need a king bed because I do not see how this is going to work as I keep growing and becoming more uncomfortable and Boston continues to think he rules the bed!That probably won't fly with Scott so I think it is time to buy a body pillow and see if that helps!

I really shouldn't complain so much because other than that things are going well.I saw the Dr. this week and everything was fine! I was a bit emotional for the first time, but the baby had a strong, healthy heartbeat and I haven't gained any weight at this point. I actually freaked out for a minute about that but she assured me it was fine and told me it will find a way to catch up with me later! I thought with all of those Doritos I have been eating that a few pounds would have found their way!

We see the specialist on March 9th for another ultrasound and if we want we may be able to find out the sex of the baby! As many of you know we are going to try NOT to find out what this little bambino is, but we will see. I am hoping he or she will be stubborn so we won't be tempted!

Oh and one more thing! My Girl Scout Cookies arrived so I think I have a new craving!!!!

3 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Hey Steph! Sorry you've been so uncomfortable, that doesn't sound fun :\ Instead of changing your bed, you could make a new bed for the dog ;) Glad to know the baby is healthy though. You are brave, there is no way I would be able to keep the sex of the baby a secret. I would want to know as soon as someone else could know so I could start planning! ;) Have a great week!

Nicole said...

You look GREAT!!! Hopefully the achiness will go away soon so that you can enjoy feeling comfortable during the pregnancy.

Anna said...

I remember being in your shoes that first pregnancy. The second had me sleeping in a chair every now and then, the belly got bigger and hips hurt way more.

And I agree, this is a good excuse to get a good body pillow and a king bed!!! :)

Enjoy your cookies!