Friday, February 12, 2010

Six Months!

We have been so busy lately that I never got a chance to post a six month update on Olivia and she has had several big events lately!

Just last week we took our first plane trip to Houston to see David and Kim! Scott couldn't come along because of basketball, but I had wonderful help thanks to my mom, dad and sister! It was interesting going through security with a baby, baby bag, stroller, infant seat and my things, phew!!! Everybody was patient though and Olivia did great and even managed to take a nice nap through a pretty bumpy ride as we approached Houston thanks to some rain!

We had a great trip, full of shopping, way to much eating( I got my Chick-fil-A!!!) and just spending time with David and Kim and checking out their neighborhood! David played the guitar for Olivia and she loved it! I hope he writes a song for her sometime:)

On Tuesday Olivia had her six month well baby visit. She weighs 16lbs and is 26inches long. She is in the 51% for weight and 59% for height! She is growing like a weed, but we know she will be tall! She had to get a few shots that day, but she did great and then that night her first tooth started to come through! She has been teething for several weeks now and I new it would happen any day. I stuck my finger on the bottom of her gum and sure enough it was sharp! I was so excited!!!

She is also sitting up on her own now, which she has been doing for about a week and a half now! If she falls over, she will go to her stomach and then push herself up. I think she will be crawling soon, yikes!

We also started green beans this week and so far she loves them. Actually, Olivia likes to eat so much that I will be surprised if we come across something she won't take from a spoon! She just thinks it is so fun to eat like a big girl! Next up, PEAS....hmmm????

One last thing, Congratulations to Emily who was blessed with the birth of her baby boy Ryan on February 6th and to Molly who welcomed her little girl this morning. Last I heard they were still deciding on the name!

Here are some pictures that we took right before Olivia turned six months!!!!



No comments: