I know that I am long overdue for a post, but this summer has been very busy to say the least. We are currently on a family vacation in Breckenridge, CO so I will try to update while Olivia is sleeping and not make this too long as there has been so much going on.
First, of course is Olivia. She is eleven and a half months already and I just about cry every time I think about her turning one, which is just around the corner:( She loves to go up and down the stairs and really could do it all day long. She goes up really well, but coming down she still needs some help and surprise she hates being helped and thinks she can do it all by herself. She has started to point at everything and talk and knows what to do when we sing patty cake. That I need to get on video. She knows bottle, Boston, dog, Papa, dada, mama, nana for banana, and night night! She has her top two teeth in and some others really close to coming through and she has even started taking several steps. She will be walking really soon!
Second, in the beginning of July we finally moved into our new house! We have been trying to get settled and unpack, but with several new steps for Olivia to enjoy that has been hard. Once we get back in town I want to get the last of the boxes unpacked and I really hope our new furniture comes soon! We are very excited to make our new house a home. We look forward to many great memories in our new place.
Third, an update on Evan. He has had a hard and wonderful summer at the same time. All was going according to plan with treatment, until about two weeks ago when he had fluid in his brain again and had to have another surgery. Poor little guy was pretty sick, but they put in a permanent shunt to keep the fluid from coming back and since then he has been doing much better. He has two weeks left of this first round of treatment and then they get to head back to NE for six weeks. He is very excited, but has enjoyed spending the summer with his family in the mountains. We got to spend some time with him just a few days ago and it was great to see him and hug him. He really is being so brave and strong it just amazes us all.
It has been such a busy summer and this vacation was much needed. I promise I will get better at posting now that the move is over and let's hope things slow down. Look for pictures of our family vacation soon!
A Spa Birthday Party + Lip Balm Recipe
6 years ago

2 comments:
She can say all of those words? She is taking steps? I miss her. I need to see you two very soon!!
I missed this post somehow, but it's a good one! I have the Papio Street address which I'm assuming now is the old one and I was just updating my files. Would you mind emailing/facebooking me your new address so that I can have you on our Xmas card list?? Thanks so much!! Miss you girl!
Post a Comment