She started waking up at night again a few weeks back and at first I thought teeth because she wasn't fully awake and it was happening every couple of hours, then things got really bad and Scott and I became really frustrated. We felt like we had a newborn again. She was fine during the day and at daycare napped normally, but at night with us we just couldn't figure out what was going on. She would cry and cry and cry. We tried to let her cry it out, which made her more upset than I have ever seen her. We tried rocking, and then she wanted to play, at 3am! So we were like what is going on. She would go from being completely hysterical to fine and wanting to read books and do laundry. We became really frustrated after several nights of this and the lack of sleep was getting the best of us. I broke down and cried one night and said to Scott, I can't do this, we are not having anymore kids. The next day I reluctantly took her to daycare and broke down in front of the sitter (again no sleep took over me) and she told me to call the Doctor. I was trying so hard to do it on my own and not ask for help and not be the mom who calls her pediatrician over everything. That didn;t happen. I ended up calling and they got her in that day. When we got there I told the pediatrician if there is nothing wrong with her I am leaving her here because I don't know what to do!!!! I actually said that! She probably wanted to call CPS on the spot! In short, she had an ear infection:( Yup mother of the year right here made her little girl suffer for a week and then wanted to leave her at the Dr. After just two doses of antibiotic she slept through the night that night and things have been better since.
I just had to blog about it because Nobody said it was going to be easy and it is so TRUE. These are the moments that your family and friends who have children never tell you about because all of the wonderful things about kids take over these frustrating moments. How could we not want more kids when we see this face!

1 comment:
LOL One smile makes it all worth it! Thanks for the sweet comment Erin - I'm glad it made you smile. :) Just remember - you have a baby in you tummy - there is nothing in the world more beautiful!!
Post a Comment