Sunday, December 12, 2010

16 Months







Well, we have had one sick baby on our hand this past week, not to mention mom and dad. We are all tired, bored and sick of being sick. These colds and coughs will not go away. It snowed all day yesterday and I think the high today is like ten degrees so it is too cold to go outside. Christmas can't come soon enough because Olivia is so bored with all of her toys and this house.

During this past week, Olivia has discovered the TV. A few months ago I remember saying, "I wish she liked TV so she would just sit for 20 minutes." I take my comment back. She now loves the TV and knows when Micky Mouse Clubhouse comes one. She wakes up and goes into the living room saying, "mouse, mouse." AHHHHH!

In addition to her new found love of the TV, she has started saying more words. Mama and Dada are now Mom and Dad! I love it. She now says Boston instead of Bos, milk, nose, eyes, ice, dog, duck, cat, snack and nononono not stop. she still makes gibberish all of the time, but the words are starting to click and when they do I have a feeling she will be talking nonstop!

One more thing, she also has started walking up and down the steps instead of sliding on her bottom. She is just getting so big we can't believe it!

2 comments:

Mark Joekel said...

I think you need to teach her to say Mark before I get to see her at Christmas!

The Campbell Family said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs, but love the new pics of Olivia and I understand how you guys feel being "sick of being sick". Same in our house!!! I don't think we've ever been sick like this- lots of colds going around this year and poor Ryan seems to get all of them. Hope ya'll are feeling better soon and have a very MERRY Christmas! :)