After we announced our news we have been asked several questions so I thought I would take a minute to answer the most commonly asked!
1. Are their twins in your family?
There are a set of fraternal twins on Scott's side and my mom's side, by they are several generations down the line. Also, we learned that if you are having identical twins, it is simply just god's plan. Fraternal twins are genetic, but not identical sets. We are just a lucky chosen family. There is your lesson for today!
2. How do you know they are identical?
They are sharing one placenta, which all identical twins do. They are in separate sacs, but share on placenta.
3. How do you know at 14 weeks they are both girls?
You are considered high risk when carrying multiples, so in addition to seeing my regular obgyn I see a high risk specialist as well. Everytime we see him, we get to have a 4D ultrasound. Both, him and his tech were sure they were girls. Also, since they are identical, they are automatically the same sex.
4. What is different about this pregnancy?
What isn't different about this prengnacy ha! Well first, the first trimester was way more intense. I pretty much new I was pregnant before I even took a test, because I was tired and sick literally right out the gate. It just got worse from there and the exhaustion was beyond anything I can remember with Olivia. It didn't help that I have Olivia to keep up with, but Scott was and still is so helpful when I just need to rest.
I started showing much sooner, and before we went to the Dr. at 9 weeks I kept telling Scott at the end of the day. "I didn't think people were really serious when they said you show faster with the next pregnancy, look at this." I felt like I was showing, proabably in my head since no one really knew.
You go to the Dr. more often. like I said earlier, you see a high risk ob and your regular ob. I am pretty much at the DR. every two weeks right now and that will only increase as we get closer. The neat thing is we get to have so many ultrasounds and see our babies grow each time!
Twins tend to grow faster in the begining and slow down later simply because there just isn't any room. Therefore twins tend to come earlier and often times at 38 weeks they are considered full term. If I go that long we would be looking at a due date around April 9th!
5. Are you having any cravings?
Since I couldn't eat much in the beginning it was bagels with lots of cream cheese. I like blueberry with strawberry cream cheese or cinnamon raisin with plain. Aside from that chocolate shakes. I think at night they helped my stomach. I still am eating both of those things, but not as often. I certainly am hungry for carbs, meat kind of gross's me out and I sometimes really love milk. I think my food adversions are worse right now though. Sometimes things just don't taste right at all and I always tell Scott things are bad and he laughs. I really hope everything starts tasting good soon.
I think those are the most common questions right now! Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. So many of you have already offered so many things and we are just so thankful.
We will keep everyone posted and if I get brave I will post some pictures soon!
A Spa Birthday Party + Lip Balm Recipe
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment