Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's New!

Wow, has it really been since before the holiday's since I have posted? Where do I even begin and not bore you at the same time? In my defense January started off pretty rough as Olivia and I both seemed to battle every illness you can think so we spent a good three weeks sick, on the couch, watching TV. Thankfully we are both doing better and now getting busy trying to prepare for the Twinkies!

I will be 28 weeks on Monday and really can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. We go for an ultrasound then and have not seen these babies since 24 weeks so I am very anxious for the appt.

Olivia has certainly kept us on our toes lately, but that is not anything new. The other day on the way home from work I looked back at her and just thought when did you become a little girl? She is certainly not a baby anymore and must do everything herself. Her new favorite thing is to pull a chair up the counter with me and help me do everything. I really have to be patient, but she is just so curious about everything and really wants to do what mom and dad do, can I blame her?

Other new things with Olivia....

1. On New Year's Eve, we officially put O in her new room with her big girl bed. She did great and honestly that transition has been pretty smooth. We switched up our bedtime routine about a week before and honestly I think she was just ready. I hope and pray that she continues to do well.

2. We now love the words "tasty" and "delicious" when it comes to eating. It's too funny!

3. Miss Cara has been working on potty training and I thank her for that. She has gone #1 and #2 a few times this past week for daycare, but when it comes to sitting for us.....no luck. At least we are making some progress. I refuse to have three kids in diapers!!!!

4.  Her favorite books are Go Dog Go and I don't Like Pink. She pretty much can read them to us, which just amazes me.

5. We finally had a little snow one day and I pulled out her snow boots to wear to daycare and now everyday we have to wear snow boots. I don't have time to argue with her in the morning. Snow boots it is!

6. She is starting to understand that mommy has babies in her a tummy a little more now as she asks to kiss sisters on my tummy. The other night she sang them Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Wish I could have recorded because it melted my heart.

I think that is most of the big stuff for now. I will try to do better about posting, but I always say that. My computer time is being taken up by Pinterest these days so the blog is taking a back seat. Funny right! But for those few that actually read this I will try to post more!

Here are some pics of dress up and play!!!



1 comment:

Megan Brueseke said...

Olivia is a doll! Every time I read about her I imagine that she and Claire must be a lot alike. Claire always has a chair pulled up to the counter to "help" and one of her very favorite books is "Go Dogs Go!" also - we have to read it at least twice at each nap time. I'm praying that you have a wonderful healthy rest of your pregnancy! I can't wait to read about life with your 3 little girls!!