Sunday, May 10, 2009

26 Weeks and Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mother's in our lives and all of the soon-to-be mommies. Happy Mother's to my mom specifically who is the most amazing mom in the world. I love you and I truly hope I can be even half the mother that you are!

I got a couple of mother's day wishes and it is STILL so strange to me that I am now, how should I say this...in that "I am a soon-to-be-mom" category! The other day my mom and I were shopping and I asked her, "So when exactly is it going to hit me that I am having a baby and going to be a mom?" I think she was shocked by my question, but really I still feel like this whole thing is kind of a dream. Don't get me wrong, Scott and I are both so excited to become parents and we both knew from the beginning that we wanted children, I just can't believe it is actually happening. I know I sound crazy, especially this late in the game, but I think part of it comes from fear. I don't think I will actually take a deep breath until I have this little bambino in my arms. And then, from what other's tell me a whole new set of worries begin so I guess I should just let God do his thing and RELAX! I am sure Scott would like that too!

We had an ultrasound a few weeks back and I really wish I could figure out my scanner because we got some of those 3D pictures of the baby. They are so cool and everyone is so amazed by how much you can see! We are too! I think they might be doing another one when we have our next ultrasound on the 18th. I will try to figure it out and post them!

Also, our baby furniture was supposed to arrive yesterday, and I was waiting to blog about it and post pictures, but the stupid guys at Nebraska Furniture Mart dropped the box with the crib and three of the pieces came out broken. I was so bummed! We got the changing table, but we will have to wait for the crib! Oh well, that's why we gave ourselves some time! Stay tuned for future pictures of the nursery yay!!!!

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

I can't wait to see your nursery pictures! :) I'm sure it's normal to feel like part of this is a dream. It's hard to imagine something you haven't seen or experienced yet. I know you're going to be a great Mom! Hope you had a happy "mothers-to-be" day yesterday. :)