Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend was very fun and busy. I think this is the first time I have sat down since Friday. My brother David flew in from Houston on Saturday so we picked him up and went to my sister's to have Valentino's and share some funny stories and ideas for my dad's retirement party on Sunday. We stayed up way past my bedtime these days, but it was great to hang out with my siblings, eat and laugh till my stomach and cheeks hurt.

On Sunday I had my first baby shower with Scott's family in Lincoln. My sister-in-law and Scott's Aunt put so much thought into the shower, it was so great. They came up with some very creative games and I learned that baby food, with the exception of pears and applesauce, is gross. It is no wonder that my mom had a hard time feeding me when I was a baby! We received so many wonderful things for the baby, it was so exciting! My sister posted some photos on facebook if you want to check them out, but here are two photos that I took of some of the gifts. When I got everything out of bags and boxes it really hit me that this is happening and happening soon! Actually seeing clothes in the closet and blankets and toys on the changing table, I almost teared up from the joy and excitement.





After the baby shower we had to head back to Omaha, change and then go to my dad's retirement party that Millard West hosted. My dad has decided after many many years at Millard West that it is time to move on! I am happy for him as he opens another chapter, but it is strange and kind of sad because he was such a great Athletic Director. He will find a new passion....we think! The party was very fun and several of his colleagues, family and friends took the opportunity to formally "Roast" my father for a good three hours. I laughed so hard that I was literally sore the next day! Again it was a late night and I had to work early and Scott had his first day of grad classes at 7:20 A.M. blah! We survived though and all met up again for some good food and smore's at my parents house!



It was so great spending time with our families this weekend and I am truly in amazement with how blessed we, and this baby are. We couldn't ask for better families and we are so excited for our little one to meet all of them.

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

Looks like a fun shower. I saw the pics of the baby food game on facebook. Yuck! But creative thought ;) Hope everything continues to go great for you! So happy you are sharing all this with your family.