Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It' So Hot!!!


I am 32 weeks tomorrow and feeling,
1)Big!
2)My lower back aches like you wouldn't believe
3)I am really HOT and I don't mean hot in a sexy way!!!!
4)Super tired again
5)Trying to deal with heartburn, especially at night!

I know it is June, but we have been really spoiled with mild temps and now this week it has decided to be in the high 80's and 90's with some added humidity. I wouldn't mind it if I was in air conditioning all day or didn't have to be on my feet. I think that I am getting my first taste of what is, "yet to come" and it is going to be a long haul until August!

We went to our specialist yesterday for another ultrasound and the baby is growing right on track and weighing in at 4lbs 3oz. We saw more hair this time and got some great images of his/her little feet. The baby is head down so that is good, but we were not able to get any profile or 3D pictures because the baby was facing away from us. Oh well, hopefully next time, which I believe will be our last ultrasound!!!

We started our childbirth education classes last week and that was interesting. It was kind of a general first class, but the instructor did have us do some relaxation breathing. It was good, but Scott kept whispering crap to me and then I would laugh. I was trying to take it seriously, but he wasn't helping. Hopefully tomorrow's class goes better. I am really curious how Scott is going to react to the next few weeks of class as we get into more detail and watch the birthing video. I am sure I will have some funny stories so stay tuned!

We also purchased our stroller and car seat this past weekend and although there was some assembly required, Scott did very well getting everything together and we didn't argue at all, ha! Now we just need to figure out how to install the base. Our SUV is newer so it has the latch system, but it is not in the middle, which makes no sense to me. Scott doesn't believe me that the baby needs to be in the middle seat. We did argue about that! We are going to take the car seat base's to a safety check at the police station and they will show us the proper way to install the seat in our cars. I am sure I will this argument!

So I guess, you can say we have been pretty busy. The nursery is nowhere near ready, but I have another baby shower this weekend and another shower at the end of the month. I think I am just going to wait until they are all done before I really start organizing and putting anything away!

We are getting so excited and just ask for continued support and prayer for a safe and healthy mom and baby!


No comments: