Saturday, July 11, 2009

Getting Excited!



I am in the middle of my 35th week and with each passing day we are getting more and more excited and lately....emotional and very irritable! I got checked on Thursday, but my cervix was closed so no progress there. I am not worried though as we have time. I have been feeling quite uncomfortable the last few days though. There is a spot in my back that constanly hurts and I honestly believe that I have a little foot pressed against one of my ribs on the left side or it's pressing on a nerve. That actually hurts more than my back at times! Between the two and not sleeping very well I think that has lead to my emotional and irritable mood....sorry honey! I also got a little freaked out when my Dr. told me she was going to be gone for vacation during my 37th week! I really don't think I will be going into labor while she is gone, but just knowing that she is gone puts me a little on edge!

I feel like we are close to being ready. My parents got us the cutest glider that arrived the other day so that helped make the room look more like a nursery. I washed bedding and changing pad covers and assembled all of that so everything is almost complete. I will post finished nursery pictures soon! Things are slowly but surely falling into place. We need to get a few more items and figure out what we are taking him or her home from the hospital in and we also need to schedule an appointment with a safety check inspector to help us install the carseats properly.

We have one more childbirth class this week, which is focused on breastfeeding so that should be very helpful. Last week's class was really helpful as we discussed the joys and challenges of new parenting. They gave each of us a baby that we had to hold throughout the whole class and we also practiced swaddling them. I have to say that my husband is better at swaddling than me, which does not make me happy. While all of the women in class were holding their baby's, Scott swooped up our baby and pretty much held it the entire class! He is going to be such a great dad!

Other than that I am just trying to sleep when I can, go for walks and enjoy these last few weeks with just the two of us!

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

Sounds like you've got everything just about ready!! Yay! You might bring a couple outfits that way you don't have to choose what you will bring him/her home in now. Also different sizes since you never know how big/small the baby will be. Hope your back starts feeling better soon! Love ya!!