Olivia Nicole Wenz was born on August 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM! She weighed 7lbs, 11oz and was 20 1/2 inches long! We were completely shocked that our bambino was a girl and we could not be more excited! The last few weeks of pregnancy Scott and I both thought for sure it was a boy and when she came out we kept saying "Oh my gosh!" Our families are thrilled, especially mine as I am the last girl on my dad's side and we have several boys! Deciding to not find out the gender of the baby was well worth it!
Labor and delivery was actually a great experience and went much faster than anticipated. We got induced as many of you know of the evening of August 5th. They gave me some meds to move things along. My water broke in the middle of the night, they gave me Pitocin at 6am and I really wanted that epidural by 7Am! Once I got the epidural I fell asleep and really a few hours later I was 10cm. I only pushed for 18 minutes and little Olivia was here!
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers throughout the pregnancy and while we were in the hospital! Here are some photos of Olivia!

2 comments:
Congrats, Steph! I'm glad you had a wonderful l/d experience and that you and your little girl are healthy! I'm excited to hear how life as a mommy goes for you... isn't it amazing?!?!
She looks so peaceful in all your pictures!! :) Congrats on your little girl! :) That's what I thought you were having ;) I suppose you just never know. Glad everything went great for you in delivery and can't wait to see more pictures of Olivia.
Post a Comment