Scott got his first snow day today so we are all at home today in Pj's hanging out and enjoying time together!
Life has been busy as usual and once again I will say, "I can't believe how fast my child is growing." I threw my sister a baby shower this weekend (she is due in 4 short weeks!) and we all went around and gave her some advice. One of her friends said, "Don't be so eager for them to move on to the stage, because you will always miss something about the previous month or stage. It goes by so fast so enjoy each stage with the good and bad." She is so right. It does go by in the blink of an eye and I often times catch myself thinking I can't wait until Olivia grows out of X Y Z. I need to enjoy each and every day, each tantrum, each new development, each laugh, cry and new discovery because I know very soon I will long for her to need me or want my help.
Speaking of new developments, Olivia has really started to be able to express to us her wants. She points, talks, throws a fit....not the best method, but at least I know she doesn't want whatever it is. I feel we are able to minimize some tantrum's because we know more of what she wants. My dad watched her the other day for us and he said she is such a climber. I do not remember you kids ever being climbers like this. She climbes up and down on chairs, the couch and the rocker all day and certainly does not like to sit still for very long, except to watch Mickey Mouse or Special Agent Oso on Disney, ugh!
Olivia still loves to dance and now gets really excited and raises her voice when she see's something she likes, like Mickey Mouse on TV or a special toy. She will grab a book now and babble as she looks at each page and turns it. Very soon more words are going to come together, but for now it is hilarious to listen to her go on and on with gibberish. If we ask her to say a word she pretty much repeats it back and it so cute and she acts so proud of herself. Thankfully she is still a wonderful eater and drinks plenty of milk and when she is healthy she sleeps great too!
She is such a joy and makes us laugh so much right now! We couldn't ask for more!
Here are some photos from the Holidays! I hope you all had a great Christmas!

3 comments:
She's so adorable! I bet this Christmas was super fun now that she knows what's going on! i agree with the phases - there are pluses and minuses to each but after they pass you miss the good stuff and forget the bad! (I guess that's how people are able to have more than one lol)
She's so cute! You are so right about enjoying each phase. I actually had that thought today when I was thinking about how nice it will be when Claire is a little more independent. I caught myself and thought "pretty soon she won't need me at all, what am I thinking!?!" lol.
Such a pretty and growing girl! I'm finally catching up on several blogs, so enjoyed reading yours as well! :)
Post a Comment