Monday, January 24, 2011

UH-OH!

So Saturday morning I hear Olivia through the monitor starting to wake up. She often times plays in her crib for a few minutes and just likes to hang out. I got up and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I am brushing I can hear something, but not sure what. I turn off the water and head to her room. Her door is cracked open so as I approach I see her STANDING at the door! I was stunned. She CLIMBED OUT OF HER CRIB....AND WITHOUT FALLING! I just stared at her and couldn't say anything. She started gabbing and pointing to the crib and I just couldn't move. I checked her over for bumps and bruises, but there was none.

At 1:00 I put her down for her afternoon nap and she went to asleep great. The second she started waking up I ran upstairs and got her. I turned to grab a diaper from her dresser and when I turned back around she was already hanging on the side! I screamed NO NO NO!!!

She did not attempt an escape yesterday after her nap and she is asleep now so we will see about this time. Seriously people what do I do? She is just shy of 18 months and I cannot imagine putting her in a toddler bed. She is still my baby, she is not ready.....or is she?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, Olivia!!! :) I think we can both agree that it isn't all that surprising, with her will and all. If she wants to do something, she'll do it (sound like anyone?!). I'd say the climbing probably isn't going to end, so it seems like a big girl bed is in your future! I know a few people who introduced it around her age and did just fine with it.

Megan Brueseke said...

Wow! I'm so glad she didn't get hurt. They grow up too fast don't they? Boden never tried to climb out, but I'm guessing Claire will eventually...she's a climber too. Sounds like time for a big-girl bed! One of my friends had to move her little girl at 16 mo because she was climbing out and she actually did great with the transition. Praying Olivia does too!

Jeanne said...

I think she's telling you she is ready for a big girl bed - whether or not Mommy and Daddy are ready is another story - and she will always be your baby no matter how old she is - gotta love her independent spirit!

Kim W said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! She's getting so big!! Let the adventures begin!!

The Campbell Family said...

Yikes! I would say for her safety definitely take the front of the crib off and add the toddler rails and even a few pillows in front of it if you are worried about her rolling out. I have several friends that moved their babies to toddler beds between 15-18 months (mostly due to another infant on the way) She'll do fine and you won't have to worry about her breaking her neck!