Thursday, June 23, 2011

Is this the Terrible Two's?

"NO NO NO" I think that pretty much sums up the vocabulary of Olivia this week. Everything is NO. Do you like your treat? "No" Do you want to play with puzzles? " No" Is it time to go bye bye? "No" This child is putting us through a major test this week...as well as daycare. Her notes have not been very good either! She is climbing on things she shouldn't, stealing toys from other kids and telling them, "No!" When we try to discipline her she gets so upset and just cries. We are having a hard time getting her to understand the consequences of her actions and all of the sudden she seems very sensitive. She is also getting up from her time-out chair, which she never does.

At the same time she has decided to become even more independent than before. she wants to get into her carseat by herself and then buckle herself in, which she can't do, but then when we try to help she get's really mad and sometimes hits us!!! Of course we raise our voice and then she just cries the rest of the ride. She wants to get her own cereal and drink out of a big girl glass and put Boston's food in his bowl. You name it and she does NOT want our help. Although I like that she wants to do things by herself, I admit we both don't always have the patience or time to let her do it.

It just seems like everything is such a struggle right now and I really and honestly have no clue what I am doing! If anyone has advice or help that would be greatly appreciated! I know it's all a bit of a guessing game, but right now I am relying on wine and ice cream to get me through it!

2 comments:

David said...

maybe you should give her some of your wine and ice cream....

The Campbell Family said...

So sorry friend. Sounds like you have had a rough week. Saying a little prayer for you. I'm afraid it's just a learning time for you both. Ryan gets upset like that too (temper and feelings hurt from discipline). My only advice is to be consistent and keep at it because you are the parent so eventually you will win the battle if you stay consistent and she will learn much needed values such as respect and obedience along the way... Love ya!