So I guess I should start by saying hello to all of you since this is my first blog post ever! I guess the purpose of this blog and the reason why I wanted to start one is because life goes by so fast and I often times look back and wonder why I never treasured all of the great moments. This is a way for not only Scott (my husband) and I to remember our life together, but to share our stories with all of those people that we have met and want to keep in touch with as we move away, those of you we have lost touch with, and those of you, who are yet to be part of our lives. Even with family this is a way to feel connected when we are too busy, live far apart or just haven't made the time. So that is why we are doing this. I have wanted to do this for awhile now, but "life" just got in the way.
I also wanted to take this time to share a little bit about Scott and myself. We have been married for two years now and started our new journey as Mr. and Mrs. Wenz in San Antonio, TX where we have lived for about 2 1/2 years now. We got moved down here a few months before our wedding (June 3, 2006) for my job at the time, as a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep. Scott teaches 7th grade Texas history and is so amazing with his kids. I know, I could never handle all of those hormones either! We are just a young, happy couple going through the joy and stress of our life, and somehow we or I decided to share it with all of you!
So why are moving back to Omaha, Nebraska of all places? Well, that is home and there is no place like home in my opinion. Scott grew up in Lincoln and me in Bellevue/Omaha whatever you want to say, and our family and friends are their. Once you move away you have a new appreciation for your family and where you grew up. Plus, for all of you who have never been to Omaha, which I imagine is quite a few, it is a GREAT place!!!! Again, the main reason we are moving is because of family. See around November of this year my grandpa had a quintuple bypass. He luckily was having some life saving symptoms and survived the surgery, but for a few days it was touch and go. The whole process was horrible and the hardest part was not being their. I knew there was nothing I could do, but just being helpless and far away really put it all into perspective for us. I didn't want to get a phone call and not have the chance to say goodbye. I have been very fortunate in my life to have all of my family, including grandparents around me to celebrate birthday's and holidays with. After this we knew we wanted to move home to be around family and savor as many moments as possible.
It's amazing how things come together though because we got our wish. Scott got a teaching job in Omaha and I am currently looking, which is a whole different post. Our house here in Texas sold after five, almost six long months and the movers are coming on the 21st to pack us up and take us Home.
In a nutshell this is us and where we are right now! We will post more soon. For now here are some pictures of us and of course Boston!
I also wanted to take this time to share a little bit about Scott and myself. We have been married for two years now and started our new journey as Mr. and Mrs. Wenz in San Antonio, TX where we have lived for about 2 1/2 years now. We got moved down here a few months before our wedding (June 3, 2006) for my job at the time, as a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep. Scott teaches 7th grade Texas history and is so amazing with his kids. I know, I could never handle all of those hormones either! We are just a young, happy couple going through the joy and stress of our life, and somehow we or I decided to share it with all of you!
So why are moving back to Omaha, Nebraska of all places? Well, that is home and there is no place like home in my opinion. Scott grew up in Lincoln and me in Bellevue/Omaha whatever you want to say, and our family and friends are their. Once you move away you have a new appreciation for your family and where you grew up. Plus, for all of you who have never been to Omaha, which I imagine is quite a few, it is a GREAT place!!!! Again, the main reason we are moving is because of family. See around November of this year my grandpa had a quintuple bypass. He luckily was having some life saving symptoms and survived the surgery, but for a few days it was touch and go. The whole process was horrible and the hardest part was not being their. I knew there was nothing I could do, but just being helpless and far away really put it all into perspective for us. I didn't want to get a phone call and not have the chance to say goodbye. I have been very fortunate in my life to have all of my family, including grandparents around me to celebrate birthday's and holidays with. After this we knew we wanted to move home to be around family and savor as many moments as possible.
It's amazing how things come together though because we got our wish. Scott got a teaching job in Omaha and I am currently looking, which is a whole different post. Our house here in Texas sold after five, almost six long months and the movers are coming on the 21st to pack us up and take us Home.
In a nutshell this is us and where we are right now! We will post more soon. For now here are some pictures of us and of course Boston!

Our Spoiled Boston!
Skiing in Breckenridge, Co in March.

7 comments:
Hi Sissy!
Love your blog! That picture of Boston is SO CUTE! I want a copy! I can't WAIT for you to move back! :)
Sissy
So excited to get to read your FIRST blog! :) I look forward to many to come. Maybe one of these days I will get one of these too! :) Have a great weekend! Thanks again for helping me move the table yesterday.
Hey Steph! Thanks for including me! It is good to hear about what you guys have been up to. We have to plan a weekend out sometime!! Stay in touch and hope all is well!
The neighborhood is not going to be the same come July 21st. Boo hoo hoo. I am happy to have met you and your lovely little family. I wish you guys the best of luck in Nebraska. This is a great way to keep in touch. Call me or come over this week - we have to do dinner or something before you leave me forever.
Love the blog! Good luck with the job search and move. Call me once you get settled.
Hey guys,
Great pix - Boston is sooooo cute.
Can't wait for you to be closer to home!! Drive safely! See you soon.
Love you all,
Mom W.
Love you bitches! Can't wait to spend time with you in Lincoln!
See ya the Ville and Sweeties!
Aunt Debbie
Post a Comment