Sunday, July 20, 2008

Goodbye San Antonio

So tomorrow is moving day! We have anticipated this day for many months now and it is hard to believe that as of tomorrow San Antonio will no longer be our home. For the past few weeks we have been slowly going through each room of the house packing things up and wondering how we came to have so much stuff for just two people! Thank God for movers!

As I walked around the house tonight, going from room to room, making sure nothing was left behind, I found myself realizing how much I will miss this house, this city and the friends we have made. It has only been 2 1/2 years, but in this short time this is where we built our life and home. When we moved here we were engaged, living in a one bedroom apartment, not knowing a single person and wondering if we had made the biggest mistake of our lives. At the time it was the biggest and scariest decision we had made as a couple. Looking back, moving to San Antonio and starting our life together, 1,000 miles away from family and friends, was the BEST decision we ever made. We had no one to lean on but each other and we were forced to explore and simply grow-up.

As I look back tonight at the past 2 1/2 years I feel bittersweet. I feel much more sad than I thought I would be about leaving, but so excited to be close to our families and friends again. This has been an amazing journey and chapter in our lives and we hope that we can come back to visit sometime soon. Thank you to all of our friends who have welcomed us into your lives and listened to us when we were homesick, or in my case, stressed out about any and everything. We will miss San Antonio and all of you very much. Thank you for being so good to us! We will always remember this time in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip was fun! I know we provided with you with plenty of ideas to make your journey back home fun..haha.

We are gonna miss you. I am glad everything worked out.

See y'all soon--Sasha

Anonymous said...

I know this was a big, yet exciting step in your lives. I am so thrilled to have you back home.

Great blog...perfect idea!

Hope to see you guys soon ~
Amanda A.