Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Friends

On my first post I explained why Scott and I started this blog. One of those reason's was to reconnect with friends that we have lost touch with. I remember after graduating college how many of my sorority sisters and I vowed to stay in touch. It worked for awhile, but then we all started going our separate ways getting jobs, moving away, starting grad-school and simply starting another chapter of our lives. This includes myself when we moved to Texas. Part of this is my fault and it is one of the things that I regret very much. Many of us can't even find the time to email, pick up the phone or send a text to say, "hey."

So where am I going with this? Well after my first post I emailed an invitation to view our blog to all of our friends and family. I didn't even know if I had current emails, but I just sent the invite out anyway. Today I logged in and was trying to re-arrange some stuff, which by the way did not work, still practicing with this thing, and noticed that we had six new comments. I am happy to say that I had some comments from some of my favorite people. We were in Willard together at Nebraska Wesleyan and we have so many great memories together. These girls made not only my day, but my week! I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to Amanda and Kelly and tell you both how happy I am that you said hello. This is why I started the blog and I hope you continue to keep me up-to-date on your lives and I hope we can catch up soon!

Also, for those of you have lost touch with someone special just take a minute in your busy life to send an email, pick up the phone or even send a text to say hello. You never know who's day you might brighten!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are great, Steph! I am so thankful that we've been able to keep in touch through your first adventures into the real world, and I am extremely thankful that you are moving back to the area. I can't wait for you to be back!

Love you...Nicole Olson

Kelly said...

Love you Steph! So proud of you for "finding yourself" again and making the trek back to Omaha! You can text me anytime and say hi! And I will too. Hope you and Scott are doing good.

Smooches,
Kelly