I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not, but I kind of feel like I am starting to show a little bit. These are just my regular jeans, but if I sit down they are becoming a bit uncomfortable. The other night I was wearing another pair that sit a little higher on the waist and when I went to go sit in the car I thought the button was going to pop off they were so tight. Needless to say I sat through dinner with my pants undone! The belly band may be appearing soon.
I start my 2nd trimester this week and feel very thankful to be at this point and find myself filled with much excitement for the next few months. I am feeling much better and my appetite is somewhat back, although I still find certain foods to taste different than before I was pregnant. I also had an odd craving last week for Cool Ranch Doritos. I have not had them for years, but they sounded good and let me tell you my husband was in shock when that bag was gone in about 3 days! I don't know what to say, except I bought another bag today at the store! I am still waiting for my energy to come back, but with the beautiful weather we have been spoiled with I have managed to take Boston for some walks and get some much needed exercise.
At this point I should also address the bruise on my stomach as they will be very visible in upcoming photos as my belly becomes larger. To make this short, I have to give myself injections in my stomach twice a day throughout my pregnancy to reduce the risk of blood clots. Yes, we are all at risk to get one when we are pregnant, but thanks to my genes I am at a higher risk than the average person. It's all for good measure and I am dealing with it now. It took a few weeks, but they are getting easier. Unfortunately they leave bruises and sometimes ugly ones so I apologize in advance.
On one final note. I want to take a minute to congratulate my dear friend Nicole on the birth of her beautiful little girl Ella Elizabeth Olson. She was born on January 30th at 7:39 in the morning and my fearless friend had her without the help of drugs! She is amazing and they are both doing very well.

2 comments:
You look great and I don't think you are showing yet, but I know how it feels to see it on yourself first (it's actually rather exciting). Also, thank you for including us in your blog post!! :)
Congrats on your progress to the 2nd trimester! yay :) I miss you lots and wish Nebraska was just a bit closer, although I would not want the snow. It was high 70's low 80's here today and beautiful, the winter/spring is definitely the best in TX. Definitely save some money on new clothes and get the belly band thing for your pants b/c I've heard you can wear your normal clothes a LOT longer that way... also keeps you from putting on extra ;) I'll let you know Monday how things go for me, but I'm def. okay either way (you know, we've talked...)
Post a Comment