Monday, April 20, 2009

23 weeks!





So here are some recent photos at 23 weeks and 5 days. We had a visit to the specialist today for another ultrasound and as usual I worked myself up right as I walked into the room. I always get so nervous when I go so when they take my blood pressure it's high. This time it was higher than last time, but they understood and were not worried! Once we started the ultrasound I could feel my heart slow way down and I was calm the rest of the time.

We had quite the party in the room today as there were two students, the regular sono tech and then the physician. Usually we are in and out pretty quick, but today each student got to practice doing an ultrasound. After that the regular tech came in to check their work and finally the Dr. had the final check. Everything looked really good and I must say we loved being able to see everything from the kidney's to the different parts of the brain really close up. They measured and looked at every part of the baby and it was amazing! We did have to look away a few times though so we could keep the sex a surprise. Scott had a hard time with that and almost gave in, but we made it through without finding out. They even did a few 3D close-ups for us! The baby was being a little stubborn though and really liked his/her hands in front of their face so it was hard to get a good shot. We got some great profile shots though and you could see the face perfectly. The baby has the cutest little nose!

Even though my pregnancy is considered somewhat high-risk, it is amazing to get to see our baby every 4-6 weeks and see how he/she is growing and changing. I am very thankful for constant reassurance and all of the photos we will have for the baby book!

Next up is the scary drink for diabetes on Thursday at my regular OB's office!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Don't get nervous about the orange drink. Just remember... really sugary Hi-C orange, nothing you can't make it through quickly! :)

You are such cute prego! The round little belly! Looking back at a picture we took right before Garett was born, it looked like a basketball under my shirt. I bet you will be the same, Legs! ;)

Amanda said...

You look great! I don't know how you and Scott managed not to sneak a peak to find out if you're having a girl/boy. I can hardly stay away from the Christmas gifts once they're under the tree!

Nicole said...

You two are much stronger than I am!! I would have broken down to find out the gender instead of looking away. :) I hope you are still feeling well...you look great, as always!!

kari.jackson said...

LOVE seeing your prego pics :) You're adorable!
And don't worry, the orange drink really really isn't that bad (I do NOT like orange soda, so I was worried about it too) - I feel like the chugging 'gallons' :) of water before the big ultrasound and having to hold the potty in was WAY worse!
So much fun to get to follow along and see how baby is doing, take care!